This super delicious gluten-free cauliflower and walnut mince goes well in tacos, bolognese, lasagna and more – we can't get enough of it!
Cauliflower contains lots of fibre and phytonutrients that are anti-inflammatory, while researchers have concluded that eating nuts positively affects cholesterol, insulin, and androgen levels in women with PCOS.
Vegan Cauliflower Walnut Mince
about 4 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 450 g)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sage
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tamari soy
1. Set the oven to 180 °C. Break the cauliflower into large pieces and then blend together with walnuts in a food processor to a coarse mixture.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the other ingredients. Mix well.
3. Spread the mince in an even layer on a tray lined with baking paper and roast in the oven for 35–45 minutes. Stir halfway through.
4. Use in wraps, tacos, bolognese or whatever you want! The mince can be frozen and will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.